Title: Wish Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Type: Full Time exempt
Salary Range: Based on experience
Required Qualifications: Bilingual in Spanish
Instructions: Submit a resume and cover letter to Cathy LaPorta, Chief Operating Officer, via email: email@example.com
Summary Job Description: This position works closely with the team to successfully design and coordinate the wish experience for our wish children. The coordinator is responsible for the coordination, planning and execution of the wish experience within the policies and procedures established by the National office and MAWCT office. This position works closely with all members of the chapter staff, volunteers and donors to leverage resources and create a positive wish experience. Additionally, this position supports internal and external events and may be required to perform other job-related tasks as required. The ability to speak Spanish is required.
- Manages the logistics of his/her wishes including, travel arrangements, preparation of itineraries, solicitation of donated goods and in-kind services for wishes, purchase of goods and services for wishes, negotiating discounts for purchased goods and services while managing related volunteer support.
- Manage all Spanish speaking wishes, as well as, helping with Spanish outreach and translating.
- Responsible and accountable for creating unique, excellent wish experiences for every wish child.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to wish families, wish granters, and staff.
- Develop relationships with vendors statewide to secure in-kind donations for wishes.
- Share responsibility for 24-hour emergency cell phone service.
- Maintain working knowledge of national policies, chapter policy guidelines and resources as they relate to the wish-granting program.
- Generate a proposed budget for each wish assignment utilizing in-kind goods and services when appropriate. Monitor wishes to ensure that all wish costs are kept within budget.
- Properly close out wish files in a timely manner to ensure compliance with accounting procedures and National guidelines.
- Ensure all files are up-to-date in Raisers Edge system.
- Responsible for representing Make-A-Wish at the required internal events (gala, ball and walk)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of experience in related Human Services, project management, travel industry, training or communications field.
- Conversational ability to speak Spanish.
- Experience in planning and implementing multiple projects simultaneously a plus.
- Experience effectively initiating, cultivating, and managing productive relationships with volunteers.
- Experience effectively working/negotiating with a variety of vendors.
- Demonstrated success in attaining individual and team goals.
Abilities and Skills:
- Bilingual in Spanish Language required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of compassion
- Excellent computer skills; Knowledge of Raisers Edge preferred
- High attention to detail and ability to respond to rapidly changing situations a must
- Strong listening and diplomatic skills as well as the ability to develop positive and productive relationships with all types of people. The capacity to build consensus.
- Creative thinker, familiar with online tools and various communication methods.
- Well organized and self motivated.
- Ability to follow instructions, policies, and procedures in a positive and supportive way.
- High personal and professional integrity.
- Honesty and transparency
- Must be available for occasional nights and weekends.
- Passion for the mission.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org