Position Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager serves as the chapter’s primary storyteller and brand ambassador. S/he is responsible for overseeing all internal and external marketing and communications, media relations, branding, awareness and storytelling across all mediums. S/he is a member of the chapter’s development team.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of Connecticut media across all mediums
- Cultivate and expand strategic media partnerships in key areas of the state
Brand and Messaging
- Create and implement chapter social media plan and calendar (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Provide public speaking and messaging training when applicable for staff, volunteers and wish families
- Ensure brand accuracy and consistent messaging on all internal and external branded marketing materials and communications
Marketing and Communications
- Create and refresh chapter marketing assets to include digital, print, video and website
- Coordinate the collection, creation and distribution of mission-based assets for chapter use on all approved platforms
- Coordinate program elements for chapter events to include script writing, video production
- Provide communications support for chapter campaigns, appeals and initiatives
- 3-10 years related work experience
- Tangible (or demonstrated) experience supporting a comprehensive communications and marketing program
- Solid understanding of communications, public relations, marketing and social media strategies
- Ability to articulate Make-A-Wish mission in multiple mediums
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Professional and resourceful style and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Raiser’s Edge Software knowledge preferred
- Experience in graphic design (Photoshop or InDesign preferred)
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
- Passion for Make-A-Wish mission
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends required
Interested applicants should send Cover Letter and Resume via email to email@example.com.
Only applicants selected for an in-person interview will be contacted.
No Phone Inquiries.